The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) is the national third sector intermediary for a wealth of health and social care organisations. It brings together nearly 2,000 members, including a large network of national and local third sector organisations, associates in the statutory and private sectors, and individuals.
The ALLIANCE’s vision is for a Scotland where people of all ages who are disabled or living with long-term conditions, and unpaid carers, have a strong voice and enjoy the right to live well, as equal and active citizens, free from discrimination, with access to support and services that put them at the centre.
We welcome membership from a wide range of individuals and organisations who are all, in some way, actively engaged in our shared vision. Membership is open to:
- Disabled people, people living with long-term conditions and unpaid carers;
- Health and social care providers;
- Health and social care professionals;
- Third sector organisations of all sizes;
- Grass roots and user led organisations;
- Corporate organisations who wish to show support to the ALLIANCE
The cost of membership depends on organisational size and membership category: it ranges from £0 for individual membership to £160 annually for large organisations. Membership category for organisations will depend on annual income and remit.
Your membership will enable you to access a range of benefits free of charge whilst also becoming a member of a dynamic, cross-sector community working to improve the lives of people who use health and social care services in Scotland. The benefits include:
- Low cost meeting and office space;
- AGM voting rights and influence on our work plans;
- Opportunities to have your voice heard and influence national policy;
- Up-to-date news, briefings and alerts;
- Knowledge sharing and networking across sectors;
- Opportunities to promote your own work, services and campaigns;
- Viewpoint on the ALLIANCE website;
- Spotlight your organisation;
- The ALLIANCE membership logo.
The membership handbook detailing the membership benefits can be found here.