Academy Development Manager
The Health and Social Care Academy (part of the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland) is a dynamic programme of activity designed to support transformation in health and social care. All Academy activities will have innovation and lived experience at its heart. The Development Manager will lead the Academy’s workplan creating a learning and development space for those engaged in delivering health and social care, and developing funding streams for future work. Over the last year the First Minister hosted the Academy’s inaugural lecture, the Academy coordinated a think tank of cross sector leaders on creating wellbeing and produced policy papers on delivering new models of care. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in developing the scope, profile and future funding of Academy related activity and make a difference to the future of health and social care in Scotland.
We are therefore recruiting for the following new post:
Job Title: Academy Development Manager
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary: in the region of £31,000 per annum, depending on experience
Term: Fixed term contract till March 2018 subject to funding
Location: Glasgow city centre
For an application pack please see the links below or contact HR on 0141 404 0231, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For informal enquiries about the post please contact Lucy Mulvagh on the above number, or email email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 9 am Monday 8th August 2016.
Volunteers play an important part in the ALLIANCE's work and we are currently considering how to develop the role of volunteers further. Our Volunteering and Involvement Strategy is available here. The ALLIANCE has achieved the Volunteer Friendly Award with the support of the Glasgow Volunteer Centre.
There are three main ways in which individuals can become involved in the work of the ALLIANCE:
- As part of the ALLIANCE Involvement Network which is open to people living with long term conditions and unpaid carers who want to contribute to campaigning and policy activities.
- By volunteering in organisational roles, for example helping with office-based activities or events.
- By applying to be accepted as a member of the ALLIANCE Board.
Events and Communications Assistant Volunteer
The purpose of the Events and Communication Assistant volunteer is to assist with the planning, administration and delivery of ALLIANCE and Health and Social Care Academy events.
The Events and Communications Assistant will:
- Assist with the organisation of events and meetings including; sourcing venues, assisting with marketing and promotion; managing delegate lists and enquiries about events, printing name badges and general event administration
- Attend ALLIANCE events to assist with organisation on the day
- Support ALLIANCE stands at external events, including organising information, arranging couriers etc.
- Support communications activities including updating the ALLIANCE website
- Use social media to promote events and communications activities.
Membership Development Volunteers
Purpose of role
The ALLIANCE is currently seeking two experienced professionals for a substantive volunteering opportunity to further develop and consolidate the ALLIANCE’s growing membership.
You might be retired or working part time and will have a range of professional experience including relationship building, knowledge of the third sector and membership organisations and marketing skills.
As a volunteer you would become a key part of the ALLIANCE team, working closely with the Network Development Officer to support an ongoing programme of membership development, use your professional experience to identify new opportunities, make new contacts and further improve systems for membership recruitment and retention.
- Map current ALLIANCE members as a route to market (identifying potential members) and making contact to promote the benefits of membership.
- Identify and make contact with other national networks and intermediaries, build and strengthen relationships, brokering reciprocal membership agreements where appropriate.
- Develop marketing campaigns offering incentives such as ‘member get member’ schemes and ‘two years for the price of one.’
- Work closely with the ALLIANCE’s cohort of Professional Associates to develop and refine our membership offer to them, linking this to any benefits of the Health and Social Care Academy.
- Contribute to an ongoing review of the organisation’s CRM and other membership systems.
- Work with the staff team to develop stronger relationships with existing members and develop a membership retention strategy.
Terms and Conditions
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, initially for 6 months with the possibility of further work. All reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be met and you will be supported in line with the ALLIANCE’s Volunteering and Involvement Policy.
- Commitment to The ALLIANCE values and vision
- Commitment to equalities
- Anti-discriminatory values
- Understanding of the challenges facing charities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Educated to degree level or equivalent through experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fundraising and/or marketing experience
- Experience in partnership building
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team working skills
- Good knowledge of third sector in Scotland
- Experience of membership organisations
- Awareness of the political environment