Policy and Communications Director
The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (The ALLIANCE) continues to develop a high profile across the Scottish public policy arena by designing and delivering a programme of policy and campaigns activities. This includes the development of a strong, positive profile and relationship with the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government.
Operating at Director level, reporting to the Chief Executive, the Policy and Communications Director will have responsibility for overseeing the ALLIANCE’s communications activity across the organisation and representing the ALLIANCE on relevant groups, events and in the media.
Implementing the ALLIANCE’s Communications Strategy, the post holder will develop a strong digital and social media policy and output, ensuring all communications are high quality, effective and professional.
Full-time (35 hours) Permanent position
Starting salary in the region of £41,500 per annum, depending on experience
Based in Glasgow with regular travel throughout Scotland.
To arrange an informal discussion about the role contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack please see the links below or contact us at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 9 am Friday 10 June 2016
ALISS Programme Manager
ALISS is a unique innovation, funded by Scottish Government and delivered by the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland. It has its origins in the lived experience of people trying to find things in their communities (people, places, activities and opportunities) to help them live well, and aims to make information about local sources of support easier to find. The Programme Manager role is one of the new or revised roles designed to meet the needs of the restructured ALISS Programme moving forward into the next 2/3 year phase. The job specification reflects the specialist nature of the role as an integral part of the ALISS team.
Full time fixed term contract for two years
Starting salary in the region of £35,000 per annum, depending on experience
Based in Glasgow with regular travel throughout Scotland.
To arrange an informal discussion about the role contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack please see the links below or contact us on 0141 404 0231, or email us at email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is 9 am on Tuesday 31 May 2016
Interviews will be held on the week beginning Monday 13 June 2016.
Events, Communications and Academy Co-ordinator
The ALLIANCE is seeking an Events, Communications and Academy Co-ordinator to contribute in creating high quality events and communications support. Reporting to the Events and Communications Manager, you will support a wider team to implement event and communications plans and provide support to the Health and Social Care Academy.
Salary scale: £17,500 – £18,721.
Term: 6 month post with the possibility of extension.
The deadline for applications has been extended to 9 am on Friday 27 May.
The purpose of role is:
- to assist and support the administration and management of the ALLIANCE programme of events and to communicate ALLIANCE programmes and activities effectively
- to provide event, communications and administrative support for the Health and Social Care Academy.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 404 0231
Volunteers play an important part in the ALLIANCE's work and we are currently considering how to develop the role of volunteers further. Our Volunteering and Involvement Strategy is available here. The ALLIANCE has achieved the Volunteer Friendly Award with the support of the Glasgow Volunteer Centre.
There are three main ways in which individuals can become involved in the work of the ALLIANCE:
- As part of the ALLIANCE Involvement Network which is open to people living with long term conditions and unpaid carers who want to contribute to campaigning and policy activities.
- By volunteering in organisational roles, for example helping with office-based activities or events.
- By applying to be accepted as a member of the ALLIANCE Board.
Events and Communications Assistant Volunteer
The purpose of the Events and Communication Assistant volunteer is to assist with the planning, administration and delivery of ALLIANCE and Health and Social Care Academy events.
The Events and Communications Assistant will:
- Assist with the organisation of events and meetings including; sourcing venues, assisting with marketing and promotion; managing delegate lists and enquiries about events, printing name badges and general event administration
- Attend ALLIANCE events to assist with organisation on the day
- Support ALLIANCE stands at external events, including organising information, arranging couriers etc.
- Support communications activities including updating the ALLIANCE website
- Use social media to promote events and communications activities.
Membership Development Volunteers
Purpose of role
The ALLIANCE is currently seeking two experienced professionals for a substantive volunteering opportunity to further develop and consolidate the ALLIANCE’s growing membership.
You might be retired or working part time and will have a range of professional experience including relationship building, knowledge of the third sector and membership organisations and marketing skills.
As a volunteer you would become a key part of the ALLIANCE team, working closely with the Network Development Officer to support an ongoing programme of membership development, use your professional experience to identify new opportunities, make new contacts and further improve systems for membership recruitment and retention.
- Map current ALLIANCE members as a route to market (identifying potential members) and making contact to promote the benefits of membership.
- Identify and make contact with other national networks and intermediaries, build and strengthen relationships, brokering reciprocal membership agreements where appropriate.
- Develop marketing campaigns offering incentives such as ‘member get member’ schemes and ‘two years for the price of one.’
- Work closely with the ALLIANCE’s cohort of Professional Associates to develop and refine our membership offer to them, linking this to any benefits of the Health and Social Care Academy.
- Contribute to an ongoing review of the organisation’s CRM and other membership systems.
- Work with the staff team to develop stronger relationships with existing members and develop a membership retention strategy.
Terms and Conditions
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity, initially for 6 months with the possibility of further work. All reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be met and you will be supported in line with the ALLIANCE’s Volunteering and Involvement Policy.
- Commitment to The ALLIANCE values and vision
- Commitment to equalities
- Anti-discriminatory values
- Understanding of the challenges facing charities
- Ability to think creatively and strategically
- Educated to degree level or equivalent through experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fundraising and/or marketing experience
- Experience in partnership building
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Team working skills
- Good knowledge of third sector in Scotland
- Experience of membership organisations
- Awareness of the political environment