An ALLIANCE event offering the opportunity to hear from Scottish Government reps on the draft framework and to provide feedback.
The Scottish Government has committed to developing a resource to support disabled children, young people and their families.
Content for the resource has been gathered from over 90 different policy areas within the Scottish Government. The present timeframe is to publish a draft for consultation in May 2018, with the final resource being published in Winter 2018/19 as a website and mobile/device application.
Scottish Government is seeking feedback on the draft resource, and the ALLIANCE is hosting a consultation event on Tuesday 12th June from 10am – 12pm at the ALLIANCE Offices, Venlaw Building, 349 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4AA.
The feedback from the consultation will help Scottish Government to make the resource as useful and accessible as it possibly can be for those who will use it.
The resource will aim to:
- Provide clear, accessible information on national policies, entitlements, rights and the different options for support available.
- Point towards guides to policies, legislation and available service along with examples and real life case studies to showcase best practice.
Spanning the full three-month period, the consultation will include all of the content gathered from over 90 different policy areas, and will also be provided in British Sign Language, Easy Read and a summarised version for children and young people.
There are limited spaces available for this event so please register via the form below to secure your place. Please also advise of any accessibility requirements by emailing email@example.com
It is also useful to note:
- The resource will sit under the overarching A Fairer Scotland for Disabled People Delivery Plan. This sets out five ambitions that aim to change the lives of disabled people in Scotland and make sure that their human rights are realised.
- There are a number of other strategies, policies and legislation which will be closely linked to the resource.
- The format and development of the resource has been considered by the Disabled Children and Young People Advisory Group. This is a group composed of various public and third sector workers, as well as parents, who have a strong interest in working together to improve the lives of disabled children and young people.
- The Scottish Government are funding a Young Disabled People’s Forum which will provide a platform for young people with a disability to share their views and opinions with people who work with policies across Scotland.
- Scottish Government is committed to equality for disabled children and young people in Scotland, and to ensuring that all children can achieve their potential.
- We recognise that effective solutions to the problems and barriers faced by disabled people must be drawn from the lived experience of disabled people.
- We want every child and young person to have the best possible start to life, regardless of their circumstances.
|Location:||the ALLIANCE Office|
|Time:||10:00 - 12:00|
|Address:||Venlaw Building, 349 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4AA.|