Live webinar followed by Q&A providing more information on the consultation on the next Glasgow Children’s Services Plan.
Glasgow’s Children’s Services Plan sets out the priorities of all the partner agencies (Glasgow City Council, the Health Board, Glasgow Life, Voluntary and Community Organisations and other agencies that provide services to children) for improving children’s services in the city. The next plan is due to be submitted to the Scottish Government on 31st March 2020.
The plan is underpinned by the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), and the Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC) approach adopted by the Scottish Government.
The current plan (2017-2020) has five priority areas. These are;
- Keeping children and young people safe from harm
- Making sure children and young people are healthy and happy
- Providing support for families
- Ensuring children and young people leave school ready for further education or employment
- Improving life for care experienced children and young people
The plan also notes that Child Poverty is also a key issue in Glasgow that has to be considered in all the priority areas.
We’d like children, young people, parents, carers, voluntary and community organisations to have their say on what the priorities should be for the next plan.
|Time:||2 - 2.45pm|
For more details contact