Join us for our next members training session on data protection.
This 90 minute training session delivered by Information Law Solutions will give you a crash course on UK data protection regulations.
This course is suitable for those looking for a comprehensive summary of GDPR.
The session will cover the key GDPR compliance points and will look at:
- What GDPR is about, including a reminder of the key concepts.
- Overview of the practical application of the data protection principles.
- Collecting personal data and the need to provide privacy notices.
- Identifying an appropriate legal basis for personal data processing.
- Data security, including overview of GDPR requirements and the need to identify and report data security breaches and how to manage breaches effectively.
- Data retention and how long personal data should be retained.
- Individuals’ rights in relation to their personal data.
- Engaging with service providers and key contract terms.
- Accountability framework.
- GDPR gone wrong: sanctions, penalties and offences.
- Effective GDPR risk management.
This session will also be partly shaped by any questions you may have. Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Wednesday 26th May.
Information Law Solutions will be using Microsoft Teams for this event and the joining instructions will be sent in advance. The event is not designed to elicit personal information from participants. You can read Microsoft’s privacy statement here.
To indicate accessibility needs and register your place, please email Membership@alliance-scotland.org.uk
For more details contact