Join the ALLIANCE, Age Scotland, See Me and VOX to discuss the wide-ranging mental health impacts of COVID-19 on Scotland’s older people.
Are you an older person with lived experience of mental health issues – whether you’ve used mental health or social care services, or not? Are you an individual or organisation that supports or works with older people who experience mental health issues? If so, this event is for you.
The Scottish Government has indicated a commitment to provide equal opportunities to access effective mental health support and services, and has an action plan to achieve this (this link will take you away from our website).
One of the actions in the Scottish Government plan is to fully understand and respond to the wide-ranging mental health impacts of COVID-19 on older people.
The ALLIANCE, Age Scotland, See Me, and VOX invite you to join us at an event to discuss older adults’ mental health and – if used – people’s experiences of mental health and social care services. We will share the anonymised event report (i.e. no-one will be identified) with the Scottish Government to aid their understanding, inform policy, and help ensure mental health policy is equalities and human rights focussed.
Some of the questions we hope to cover at the event include:
- What are older people’s experience of mental health issues?
- How does this compare to other age groups?
- What has been the impact of the pandemic on older people’s mental health?
- Before the pandemic, what were older people’s experiences of accessing mental health services and social care like?
- What are people’s experiences of accessing mental health services during the pandemic?
- What are the experiences of different population groups amongst older people, for example based on sex, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, location, household income, etc?
To register your place please email email@example.com (this link will take you away from our website). Please indicate any requirements when you register, BSL / English interpretation and electronic note-taking will be provided.
The event programme, joining link and instructions will be sent in advance.
The ALLIANCE will be using Zoom for this event. The event is not designed to elicit personal information from participants, however, should you register to attend you must be aware that Zoom.us transfers personal data to the USA and that any personal data you choose to share will be transferred to a country that does not provide adequate protection and that no adequate safeguards aimed at providing protection for the data are being implemented.
For more details contact