Join the ALLIANCE and CCPS to explore and discuss the future of Self-directed Support (SDS) and adult social care in Scotland.
Ongoing public debate, and recent reports – including the CCPS ‘Big Ideas’ (this link will take you away from our website), the report of the Independent Review of Adult Social Care (this link will take you away from our website), and the ALLIANCE and SDSS My Support My Choice research – indicate that the time is ripe for an event to explore and discuss the future of adult social care and how to shift the balance of power to enable people who access Self-directed Support (SDS) in Scotland to have increased choice and control over their support and their lives.
The ALLIANCE and the Coalition of Care and Support Providers in Scotland (CCPS) are delighted to invite you to join us to hear a range of guest speakers and take part in active discussions.
Location: Online (Zoom)
Time: 2.00pm – 4.00pm
Date: Tuesday 27 April 2021
Guest speakers will talk about:
- CCPS ‘Big Ideas’ for changing how social care is planned, purchased and paid for (particularly commissioning and SDS)
- The Independent Review of Adult Social Care recommendations
- The positive difference made by good quality SDS from a lived experience perspective
- National research and engagement about people’s experiences of SDS
- How third sector providers help maximise people’s power, choice and control
To register for this event, please email email@example.com. Please let us know if you need anything to support your participation, including BSL Interpretation and/or Electronic Notetaking.
The ALLIANCE will hold this event on Zoom and it is not designed to elicit person information from participants. For more information, please read our Privacy Statement.
For more details contact