A one-day conference for everyone taking forward self-directed support for children, young people and families.
This is a free event being delivered by In Control Scotland (this link will take you away from our website) as part of the work funded by Scottish Government to support the successful implementation of self-directed support.
This one-day conference shares work from the past year of sharing practice and finding solutions from across Scotland. It includes reminders from families about what good and bad self-directed support can look like and what it means to them, and challenges us all to genuinely make self-directed support the core offer for children and young people in Scotland.
This is a conference is for all those involved in taking forward self-directed support for children, young people and families: social workers, commissioners, support providers, family members and voluntary sector organisations. Get involved in furthering work to improve support and the lives of children and young people who need additional support across Scotland.
Workshops will include:
- Working together with families as equal partners
- Self-directed support for all children in need, including work with care-experienced young people
- ‘Doing things Differently’ – Facilitating creative thinking and planning to get the right support
- Approaches to young people moving on from school and getting the right support(TBC)
- Making the most of the ILF transitions Fund
For more information and to register for this event please contact June Dunlop on 0141 440 5250 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Location:||Grassmarket Community Project|
|Time:||09:30 - 15:30|
|Address:||86 Candlemaker Row|
For more details contact
|Phone number:||0141 440 5250|