Due to the ongoing public health situation with COVID-19, the ALLIANCE has taken the difficult decision to postpone this conference.
Please note that due to COVID-19, we have regretfully taken the decision to postpone our Annual Conference, which was due to take place on 1 June 2020. A new date will be announced soon.
It has been six years since Health and Social Care Partnerships were created in Scotland. Now is a good time to consider how successful integration of health and social care has been and ask ourselves if our support and services are achieving the outcomes of the 2020 Vision set out in 2010.
Our annual conference is one of the leading health and social care events in Scotland. This conference will consider the Scottish Government’s 2020 Vision, with a focus on preventing the need for care, anticipating the care that will be needed in the future, helping people to live independently, and putting people at the centre of health and social care decisions. We’ll take a closer look at the renewed vision of health and social care, what still needs to be done, and how people and organisations can work together and share ideas in order to make a real difference.
Our annual conference makes an important contribution to the integration of health and social care in Scotland. As well as supporting a range of activities in health and social care, this conference is a chance to bring together stakeholders – the public, national and local government, academics, businesses and the third sector (for example, charities, voluntary organisations and community groups). It provides the opportunity for people and organisations to take part in discussions that focus on finding solutions, protecting people’s rights and involving people in decisions about their care.
Our 2020 Annual Conference will do the following.
- Highlight examples of good practice and projects that are having a real, positive effect on health and social care around the country.
- Showcase the contribution that the third sector and people who access support and services make to supporting integration.
- Explore policies and practice that affect health and wellbeing in Scotland, including the Scottish Government’s 2020 Vision for health and social care.
- Bring together stakeholders from across Scotland – including members of the public, national and local government, health and social care services and the third sector – who share the ambition of improving joint working and integrated approaches.
Health Journalist Pennie Taylor will chair this event with contributions from:
- Jeane Freeman MSP , Cabinet Secretary for Health and Sport
- Adam Lang, Head of Nesta Scotland
- Kiana Kalantar-Hormozi, Artist, Filmmaker and Activist
To register please complete and return the booking form or call 0141 404 0231.
Sponsorship opportunities available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more details contact
|Phone number:||0141 404 0231|