ALLIANCE members, Action for M.E. have launched a combined service open to anyone living with, or supporting someone with M.E.
Action for M.E. have reshaped their services to into a new Crisis, Support and Advocacy service for anyone living with M.E. or anyone supporting someone with M.E. This service is accessible for anyone across the UK.
The Crisis, Support and Advocacy service aims to ensure adults, children, young people and families living with the condition are supported during this unprecedented time due to COVID-19, and beyond. Some of the support this service will provide will be:
- Sharing information about all aspects of living with M.E., including social security, social care, symptom management and accessing health services.
- Emotional support, including coping in these particularly challenging times.
- Source practical assistance local to you, like local mutual aid groups, parish, council and/or community hubs. Action for M.E. can also source local producers/food outlets who are making home deliveries.
- Advocate for your needs, explain processes in an accessible way, and support you to challenge the opinions of others in situations that affect you, including supporting you to contact your GP to ask them to refer you for support for vulnerable people.
- Peer mentoring support (in Scotland only) to share experiences and insights into living with or caring for someone with M.E.
For further information visit the Action for M.E. website (this link will take you away from our website) or call 0117 927 9551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (this link will take you away from our website).