The ALLIANCE has developed a briefing paper which summarises the key findings from the engagement report.
The public engagement exercise, led by the Scottish Government’s Technology Enabled Care team, sought views on using Near Me consulting from the general public and health professionals.
The objectives of the engagement were to:
- Understand the potential benefits and barriers of using video consulting for health and care appointments, from various perspectives both during Covid-19 and beyond
- Understand the views of people who had never used Near Me, including gaining insights about those currently excluded from using the service
- Identify potential improvements to the Near Me service
- Review the Near Me Vision and governance arrangements as appropriate
- Raise awareness with service users and service providers about how Near Me can be used for health and care appointments
Over 5,000 responses were received and an Equality Impact Assessment was co-produced as part of this activity. Some of the findings will be explored in further detail as part of an Independent Evaluation from Oxford University.