Taking place between 2nd and 6th October 2017, Self Management Week raises awareness of the benefits self management can make to people.
We are gearing up for Self Management Week 2017 and we want to raise the awareness and shout about the huge benefits self management can bring to people’s lives.
Self management is about people living with long term conditions being in ‘the driving seat’. It supports people to live their lives better, on their terms. Self management is not a replacement for services, it’s about self-determination in partnership with supporters.
To make a truly valuable impact and get people talking about self management, we want you to get involved and we want to know about it. Keep reading for ideas.
If you think of an idea that hasn’t been mentioned, or you want to chat about Self Management Week 2017, get in touch with the team:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 0141 404 0231 (ask for Marianne or Sara)
- Tweet: @SelfMgmtScot #SelfManagement
Below are our Top 9 Ways to Get Involved:
- Vote for the Self Management Project of the Year 2017 in the Self Management Awards
- Plan an event during the week to promote Self Management. However small or large we’re here to help you with your ideas. You can submit your event to us for additional promotion.
- Learn and embrace the Principles of Self Management (PDF 147kb).
- Share your Self Management story with us and our networks.
- Follow @SelfMgmtScot on twitter and tweet using the hashtag #selfmanagement.
- Sign up to the Self Management Network Scotland.
- Join up with or create a self management network in your local area.
- Use our campaign materials at your events.
- Signpost your networks to find out more about Self Management.