Prevention, NHS governance and Brexit will be key features of the Committee's 2018 work.
The role of the Health and Sport Committee, made up of MSPs from across Scotland, is to consider evidence on a range of subject matters, as well as scrutinise new legislation. Over the coming year it’s newly published workplan features:
- Consideration of the preventative agenda with particular reference to neurological conditions and clean air
- Concluding their inquiry into NHS governance to which a group of twenty ALLIANCE members gave evidence in March 2017
- Consideration of the impact of Brexit on Scotland’s health and social care system
- Scrutiny of the Scottish Government’s proposed budget
- Scrutiny of NHS Boards
- Consideration of new legislation related to organ donations and safe staffing
The Committee is convened by Labour MSP Lewis MacDonald and Vice-Convenor Ash Denham of the SNP. Full membership and more information on the Committee can be found on the Scottish Parliament’s website (this link will take you away from our website).