Person with lived experience of health and social care services needed to help judge six digital health products
On the 27th February, Nesta and the Scottish Government are hosting a ‘demo evening’ in central Edinburgh where six digital health organisations will showcase their products and pitch for a further £120,000 of funding.
The evening will mark the end of the Healthier Lives Data Fund, a partnership between Nesta and the Scottish Government which, for the last year, has supported 6 innovative digital health technologies (this link will take you away from our website) with £30,000 of funding and support to develop their ideas, products and business plans.
The projects supported by the fund vary greatly, from predicting exacerbations of COPD, to helping carers of people living with dementia to access support. What they have in common is their use of new technologies, their emphasis on designing with people (rather than for them) and the fact that they make data available and useful to citizens, helping them lead healthier and more independent lives (this link will take you away from our website).
Nesta are looking for a person who is disabled, living with long term conditions or an unpaid carer to sit on the judging panel of the ‘demo evening’ to offer a fresh perspective on which of the products have the biggest potential to impact on the health of Scottish citizens.
- The evening will take place at the Rowantree in central Edinburgh (this link will take you away from our website).
- It will run from 4:30pm to 8pm, with the judges hearing 6 pitches that are each 5 minutes long. After the pitches, judges will deliberate for 40 minutes and choose two projects to support further.
- The person will be paid £75 and all expenses will be covered.
- Food and drink will be provided on the night.
- No experience of digital technology or data is needed, just an interest in how technology can help people live healthier lives.
If you are interested in taking part, please email Alice Clay on Alice.Clay@nesta.org.uk by Friday 7th of February.