The National Carer Organisations have produced a Manifesto for Carers for the local council elections on the 4th of May 2017.
They are calling on all candidates in the local council elections to agree to:
- Protect funding for carer support & ensure there are adequate resources to implement the Carers Act
- Increase efforts to improve short breaks provision
- Promote better, preventative support for carers of all ages
- Improve financial support for carers
- Support carers in and into employment
The Manifesto is intended to help carers and the organisations that support them in lobbying candidates and parties in their local area.
The Manifesto and Campaign pack are available to download below