Scottish Government introduce the 2018 Scottish General Medical Services contract offer.
The Scottish Government and the Scottish General Practitioners’ Committee of the British Medical Association (BMA) have now agreed the terms of the 2018 General Medical Services (GMS) contract offer.
This new GP contract is a critical part of our plans to transform Primary Care services in
Scotland. The benefits of our proposals include:
- Improving access for patients;
- Addressing health inequalities and improving population health;
- Providing financial stability for GPs;
- Reducing GP workload through the expansion of the primary care multidisciplinary team;
- Increasing support for GPs and GP infrastructure;
- Increasing transparency on general practice funding, activities and workforce to assist strategic planning and quality assurance; and
- Making General Practice a more attractive profession for existing GPs, junior doctors and undergradute medical students.
The proposals in the contract offer are being published today, and can be found at http://www.gov.scot/isbn/9781788513470. (this link will take you away from this website)