Caring Conversations is a free online training resource designed for both medical and non medical staff in general practice settings.
Effective conversations are a key aspect of person-centred care and at the centre of the House of Care model promoted by the Scottish Government. Improving conversations between healthcare professionals and patients, particularly those with long term conditions, has been shown to improve outcomes for both parties.
Using an evidence informed model, real-life case studies and a mix of film and interactive content, Caring Conversation is an engaging and educational online tutorial.
Over recent months, Waverley Care have been in the process of making improvements and amendments to Caring Conversations in response to feedback they had recieved from those who had already participated in it.
Added features include:
- inclusion of a reflective practice tool that can be used in team meetings, protected learning sessions or for case management discussions
- a selection of resources that can be used by healthcare staff with patients to support Caring Conversations
- a printable resource that supports reception staff to develop Caring Conversations with patients
Other features of Caring Conversations:
- free tutorial lasting approximately one hour
- developed from evidence informed research by Professor Belinda Dewar
- individual and group learning outcomes
- downloadable worksheets
- Continuing Professional Development certificate
For further information and to access the Caring Conversation resource visit their website.