The ALLIANCE invites you to join a new 'Special Interest Group' to promote international collaboration on Self Management and Co-production.
The ALLIANCE led Self Management and Co-production Special Interest Group (SIG) in partnership with the International Foundation for Integrated Care (IFIC) aims to facilitate collaboration across sectors and between Countries to enhance our understanding, adoption and evaluation of Self management and Co-production.
A webinar will be held on 23rd October from 12pm – 1.30pm (UK time). This webinar will reflect on the changes that are taking place in self management and co-production within the nations of the United Kingdom and share learning from our work to transform policy into practice.
It will feature presentations from:
Sara Redmond – Programme Manager for Self Management and Co-production Hub at the ALLIANCE and responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the Self Management Strategy for Scotland. Sara will be sharing how the involvement of people with long term conditions and unpaid carers in the design, delivery and evaluation of the agenda, along with investment in learning and building capacity in cross sector partnerships have been important features to the work that has been undertaken in Scotland.
Claire Hurlin – Strategic Head of Community and Chronic Conditions Management in Hywel Dda University Health Board responsible for the strategic implementation of the Chronic Conditions Programme. Claire is championing a culture change and working to ensure that self care and self management are embedded in every part of their care pathways.
Sinéad Malone – Regional ICP Business Manager in the Directorate of Integrated Care at the Health and Social Care Board in Northern Ireland. Sinéad attended the Four Nations Summit on Self management held in Edinburgh in 2017 and the ALLIANCE has since been over to visit Northern Ireland and their growing network of interest in self management to share ideas and learning about developing self management across the health and social care system.
The International Foundation for Integrated Care (IFIC)
IFIC is a not for profit network that brings people together to advance the science, knowledge and adoption of integrated care policy and practice. It does this by encouraging the sharing of learning and ideas around aspects of people centred integrated care in order to support people to have a better quality of life.
A strength of hosting the special interest group through IFIC is the ability for people across the world to connect on this area of interest.
What you can do:
We would like to encourage ALLIANCE members to sign up for the special interest group and for the webinar and help us to promote the group.
- You can join the special interest group by emailing IFICScotland@integratedcarefoundation.org. You will be sent details of how to register to join the special interest group for free.
- You will also be sent details of how to register for the webinar on 23rd October.
- Through the special interest group online platform, members will be able to pose questions they have about self management and co-production and you will be able to contribute to the discussion.
- You will be able to share resources – this might be presentations, publications, case studies, strategies / policies, video clips or links to websites that are relevant to self management and co-production.
- We will host further webinars through the Integrated Care Matters series which will be available to the whole IFIC community which you can listen to and also contribute to.
- We will be looking for you to contribute good practice examples that we can share with our growing community.
- There is an opportunity to coordinate a guest editorial in the International Journal for Integrated Care.
- You will have the chance to explore partnering in research bids and other collaborative working.
If you are interested in joining this international special interest group please email IFICScotland@integratedcarefoundation.org and ask to be added to the mailing list.