The second round of the Self Management Fund: Resilience, Recovery and Development is now closed for applications.
The second round of the Self Management Fund: Resilience, Recovery and Development is now closed for applications. Third sector and community organisations in Scotland could apply for a grant of up to £60,000 for up to two years to support disabled people, people living with long term conditions and unpaid carers to self manage.
This round of the fund will make £1 million available to support projects that learn from the experience of people and:
- Build on the resilience demonstrated by the third sector during the pandemic
- Contribute to the recovery of health and social care services
- Create opportunities to develop responsive services for the future.
Sara Redmond Chief Officer of the Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) said: “The pandemic has exacerbated health inequalities in Scotland’s communities. This continued funding from the Scottish Government offers vital support for third sector organisations to support people to manage their long-term health conditions.”
Following the publication of the Scottish Government’s NHS Recovery Plan, the ALLIANCE’s response Putting People at the Centre of NHS Scotland Recovery, and our programme of supporting adaptations to Self Management Fund projects throughout periods of lockdown and beyond; we have identified the following priorities for investment in this round of the Self Management Fund.
- Provide support to people experiencing multiple forms of marginalisation, including people with sensory loss; ethnic minority communities; disabled children and young people; people with learning and intellectual disabilities; people experiencing economic deprivation; and unpaid carers
- Focus on a hybrid way of working and supporting digital inclusion for those who have been excluded from the move to digital services.
For more information contact Fund@alliance-scotland.org.uk
The Health and Social Care Alliance Scotland (the ALLIANCE) administers the Self Management Fund on behalf of the Scottish Government to third sector and community-based organisations across Scotland to develop self management activities. Since 2009, The ALLIANCE has granted over £22 million and has funded 374 projects across Scotland.
End of document.