The ALLIANCE invites you to join a new 'Special Interest Group' to promote international collaboration on Self Management and Co-production.
Launched in October 2018, the ALLIANCE led the new Self Management and Co-production Special Interest Group (SIG) in partnership with the International Foundation for Integrated Care (IFIC). The group aims to facilitate collaboration across sectors and between countries to enhance our understanding, adoption and evaluation of Self management and Co-production.
The Core Group are currently developing their workplan for 2019 with a whole range of topics to be explored including ‘Participation Approaches’ and ‘Evidence and Evaluation’.
Membership is made up of people with lived experience, practitioners, managers, researches, students, policy makers and health economists who will together contribute to an international network focused on self management and co-production.
The SIG will provide a platform for members to share implementation experience, highlight examples of good practice, signpost practical resources and agree and colloborate on research, education and evaluation experience. Together, members will shape the scope of the SIG activities and outputs.
The International Foundation for Integrated Care (IFIC)
IFIC is a not for profit network that brings people together to advance the science, knowledge and adoption of integrated care policy and practice. It does this by encouraging the sharing of learning and ideas around aspects of people centred integrated care in order to support people to have a better quality of life.
A strength of hosting the special interest group through IFIC is the ability for people across the world to connect on this area of interest.
What you can do:
We would like to encourage ALLIANCE members to sign up free to the SIG.
- You can join the special interest group by emailing IFICScotland@integratedcarefoundation.org. You will be sent details of how to register to join the special interest group for free.
- You will also be sent details of how to register for upcoming webinar (next date scheduled for 20 March)
- Through the special interest group online platform, members will be able to pose questions they have about self management and co-production and you will be able to contribute to the discussion.
- You will be able to share resources – this might be presentations, publications, case studies, strategies / policies, video clips or links to websites that are relevant to self management and co-production.
- We will host further webinars through the Integrated Care Matters series which will be available to the whole IFIC community which you can listen to and also contribute to.
- We will be looking for you to contribute good practice examples that we can share with our growing community.
- There is an opportunity to coordinate a guest editorial in the International Journal for Integrated Care.
- You will have the chance to explore partnering in research bids and other collaborative working.
If you are interested in joining this international special interest group please email IFICScotland@integratedcarefoundation.org and ask to be added to the Self Management and Co-Production SIG.