Learn how to deliver the 'You as a Collaborative Leader' course, part of the Leadership for Integration development programme.
Through primary care Scottish government funding, a small number of places are being offered on a fully funded Train the Trainer course, offering colleagues an opportunity to learn how to deliver the successful You as a Collaborative Leader (YACL) programme.
YACL runs over four months offering participants three personal coaching sessions and two workshops. It is designed to help participants recognise their own leadership strengths and sources of resilience. It supports individuals to create greater presence, influence more effectively and have greater impact as a collaborative leader. More information about the programme can be found on Turas. Nationally, six cohorts have been delivered so far and they are now aiming to spread this tested delivery model further.
Over 3 full days, you will learn the underpinning theories relating to system change and relationships and the effective delivery approach honed over six national cohorts. You will also have an opportunity to plan how to deliver it for your context and your people, hearing ideas and suggestions from a network of peers.
This programme is free to attend and you are asked to commit to the following:
- You must be able to attend all 3 days in Edinburgh on 27th to 29th March (venue tbc).
- Plan to deliver at least 2 YACL programmes either on your own or in collaboration with others over the next 18 months.
- Contribute to evaluation of the programme and approach.
- You will be asked to complete around 3 hours of pre-work which will include watching videos, reading and a leadership self-assessment questionnaire.
- You do not need to be a qualified coach but in advance of the programme, participants will be invited to come with intelligence about local coaching provision that will support the delivery of this. If coaching is not available, then information about other support options participants can access is useful e.g. resource to support coaching style conversations.
To apply, simply complete the registration form online (this link will take you away from our website). You will be asked to set out why you want to participate in this programme. The deadline for applications is 17th January 2019.