Find out where the Dementia Carer Voices team’s University and College Tour will be visiting in the second half of the year
As many people take their first steps into nursing and many other areas of health and social care, Dementia Carer Voices are proud to continue our relationships with universities and colleges across Scotland. We are looking forward to meeting with the classes of 2018 as they start or continue their journey into the wonderful profession of caring.
As a continuation of our efforts over the last five years, our UK Project Lead Tommy Whitelaw will be taking our You Can Make a Difference seminars to first and second year students over September, October, November and December.
We will be visiting:
- The University of Stirling (4 September 2018);
- West Lothian College (10 September and 20 September 2018);
- The University of the West of Scotland (Ayr Campus) (14 September 2018);
- New College Lanarkshire (18 September 2018);
- King’s College London (25 September 2018);
- The University of the West of Scotland (Paisley Campus) (27 September 2018);
- Robert Gordon University (9 October and 23 October 2018);
- And Edinburgh Napier University (12 October 2018)
Shaun Maher – Strategic Advisor for Person-Centred Care and Improvement, will join Tommy at the University of Stirling, UWS Ayr Campus and Edinburgh Napier University.
William Kløverød Griffiths – ALLIANCE House of Care Development Officer, will join Tommy at Robert Gordon University and Edinburgh Napier University.
And Louise Coupland – ALLIANCE Employability Development Officer, will join Tommy at the University of Stirling and UWS Paisley Campus.
Tommy will also be joined by Matthew and Laura from the DCV team at some of the sessions.
We are truly honoured to have been given the opportunity to meet so many of our future nurses and health and social care professionals. So far this year we have already visited the following institutions:
- West Lothian College;
- Queen Margaret University;
- Abertay University;
- The University of the West of Scotland (Paisley Campus);
- The University of Dundee (Fife Campus);
- The University of Dundee (Dundee Campus);
- The University of the West of Scotland (Ayr Campus);
- And the University of the Highlands and Islands
You can keep track of all of the amazing pledges that have been made so far here on our website. We are excited to build on the great partnerships we have developed with universities and colleges across Scotland over the last five years, and we can’t wait to carry on our tour into the second half of the year as we approach 20,000 pledges to make a difference.
If you’re interested in hosting a You Can Make a Difference seminar in your university or college you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org