- Website: Visit BASE UK
BASE UK is the British Association for Supported Employment.
The purpose of BASE is to support, promote and develop the principles and provision of supported employment.
BASE aims to:
• Assist people with disabilities by encouraging the provision of support into employment.
• Endorse & promote quality standards in the delivery of Supported Employment.
• Nurture & encourage the setting up of new supported employment services.
• Promote the training of supported employment personnel throughout the UK.
• Provide regular, detailed information including an advisory & development service to association members.
• Liaise & negotiate with national and international government & non-government organisations to promote the aims of the Association.
BASE is concerned with establishing collective action on national issues that cannot be addressed by individual agencies and members alone. As a priority, the Association has helped to develop National Occupational Standards for Supported Employment. We want to see better quality support available to everyone who needs it.