Their remit is to engage on behalf of the Church in the national, political and social issues affecting Scotland and the world today.
Church and Society Council, Church of Scotland aim:
- To foster an informed understanding in society of the issues confronting it as a result of emerging technologies; to bring a voice of balance into complex issues.
- To engage with scientist and technologists to reflect on ethical, environmental and societal implications of their work; to promote ethics teaching to science students.
- To respond with considered judgement to Government and national bodies on technology and environmental issues, and to be active in their European and global dimensions.
- To inform the churches of Scotland and the UK about key developments.
- To act as a Christian witness to the world of science and technology. To stimulate good environmental practice in the churches and in wider society.