Direct weblinks to these are located in the ‘Resources’ section at the end of this article.
Innovate UK – Open Innovation Challenges
They provide funding to projects which reduce demand by preventing ill health and increasing individual citizens’ ability to better manage their health or increase capacity by improving the quality of care provided within existing or reduced funding baselines.
- Funding programme: Open Innovation Challenges
- Organisation providing the funding: Innovate UK
- Period the funding runs for: 10 funded challenges at different stages. Ongoing.
- Funding range: up to £30,000 for Phase 1 (feasibility studies); up to £150,000 for Phase 2 (prototype development and testing).
- Contact: email@example.com
SBRI: Thistle Assistance app to help people with disability use public transport
Organisations can apply for financial support to develop a mobile app to help people with disabilities when travelling on public transport.
- Funding programme: SBRI Competitions
- Organisation providing the funding: Can Do Innovation Challenge Fund.
- Period the funding runs for: Registration closes on 2 January 2019, 12:00pm. Competition closes on 9 January 2019, 12:00pm.
- Funding range: Successful phase 1 applicants will be able to apply for up to 2 R&D contracts. Up to £150,000 (including VAT) will be allocated for each contract.
- Contact:Keith Fisken, Business Partner, SEStran: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Note that the Lottery and other charitable funds are also potential sources of funding support.