The ALLIANCE works with partners to support and promote peer research in Scotland.
Created in 2016, CLEAR (Community Lived Experience Action Research) is a joint project between the ALLIANCE, Public Health Scotland and Strathclyde University’s Centre for Health Policy. It is delivered through our three-way Health and Human Rights Partnership.
CLEAR supports and promotes the use of peer research to influence change, bringing benefits to peer researchers, communities, and all relevant stakeholders.
Our vision is human rights for all through peer research.
Our mission is to use peer research partnerships to positively influence human rights based policy and practice.
Our objectives are to:
- Empower people to form an active collective of peer researchers and change influencers to inform influence policy and practice.
- Develop a model of excellence for peer research.
- Provide the infrastructure to support and promote the use of peer research in Scotland to influence changes in policy and practice.
Why peer research?
Peer research is ideal for researchers who are committed to co-developing research with people rather than for people. It enables collaborative working between people and organisations.
Peer research focuses on social change that promotes democracy and challenges inequalities. It is context-specific, often targeted on the needs of a particular group, and involves an iterative cycle of research, action and reflection. It can help everyone involved gain a greater awareness of the situation in order to take action.
What we do
- Peer research projects like What do you mean I have a right to health?
- Advice and consultancy on peer research and human rights – you can download the slides from a February 2021 training session.
- Training, capacity building and ongoing support for peer researchers.
- Talks and presentations to raise awareness and promote peer research.
- Influence policy and practice to ensure peer research and its findings are prioritised.
To find out more, including how to get involved, please contact Rob Gowans, Policy and Public Affairs Manager at email@example.com
End of page.