A policy post based at the ALLIANCE in partnership with Crohn's and Colitis UK.
This project builds on the ALLIANCE’s portfolio of activity to support implementation of actions in “Scotland Leading the Way: A National Blueprint for Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD)” and supports a similar approach to service development in Northern Ireland.
The Health Policy and Public Affairs Officer works together with colleagues from Crohn’s and Colitis UK‘s Policy, Public Affairs and Research team to:
- Prepare Public Affairs Plans for Scotland and Northern Ireland
- Set up and support a Cross Party Group on Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) in the Scottish Parliament
- Support and develop the Scottish IBD Nurse Network
- Contribute to Crohn`s and Colitis UK position statements
- Lead on a project to develop self management approaches for Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Develop digital content to communicate key messages about IBD within the ALLIANCE and with stakeholders in Northern Ireland.