Each year the ALLIANCE host the Self Management Awards which celebrate examples of good practice and promote a range of innovative self management activity that exists all over Scotland.
The Awards create an opportunity:
- To promote self management activity across Scotland.
- For people and organisations championing self management to spread their learning and promote their work.
- To provide learning of self management approaches across Scotland that can help feed into the development and delivery of services.
- For people and organisations to be recognised for their work around self management.
This year’s shortlisted nominees are below.
Self Management Awards: Shortlisted Nominees
The judges have now submitted their scores, they have been counted and verified and we can now reveal the 2018 Self Management Shortlisted Nominees:
Self Management Project of the Year
This Award is now open for public voting, please click here to register your vote.
- Joint Creativity Project – Arthritis Care
- Aberdeen Foyer Outreach Project in partnership with Alcohol and Drugs Action (ADA)
- Diabetes Scotland – Young Leaders Project
- Epilepsy Connections – Epilepsy Futures
Self Management Resource of the Year
- Deafscotland, Deaf Links, Deaf Action Partnership
- CARED – NHS Lothian
- Diabetes Scotland: Type2 Newly Diagnosed Toolkit
Self Management Partnership of the Year
- Moray Health & Wellbeing Over 60’s Day Time Disco
- NHS Western Isles TEC Team and Chronic Pain Group and Pain Association
- Joint Potential Plus – Arthritis Care Scotland and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary Rheumatology Department
Self Management Champion of the Year
- Henriette Koubakouenda
- Phil Sizer
- Janette Lynch
Individual Transformational Story of the Year
- Vikki McLaughlin
- Lorna Cameron
- Grant Knox
Year of Young People – Self Management Award
- Diabetes Scotland – Young Leaders Team
- Patrick Taylor
- Forth Valley Epilepsy Support Group for Young People – Epilepsy Connections
Congratulations to all of those nominated. Winners will be announced at the Self Management Awards ceremony which takes place during Self Management Week on Wednesday 3rd October, 5.30pm-8pm at the Scottish Parliament, sponsored by Jackie Baillie MSP.
Thank you to all of our amazing judges for taking the time to be involved and for making those difficult decisions.
If you would like to join us in the celebrations please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your free place or call a member of the Self Management Team on 0141 404 0231.