Codesign – Coproduction and ‘Keeping it Real’
How health and social care professionals can work in partnership with people in localities to codesign services.
This describes the process of inclusive working within a given locality, bringing together the following people to work in equal partnership:
- People accessing services
- Carers/family members
- Practitioners from health and social care- across public, private and third sectors
IRISS (this link will take you away from our website) have provided a framework of six facilitated sessions over a 12 month period to two partnership sites, providing them with the opportunity to trial and experience new ways of working together with the following aims:
- Learning together – to explore similarities and differences and build common understandings of person-centred care; to develop group members’ capacity to work in a co-produced way
- Improving together – to deliver more person-centred care locally, using the assets of all group members to find joint and innovative solutions to meet the needs of people
- Sharing the learning – to support the wider workforce to develop their understanding of person-centred care and to deliver it using the approaches modelled.
You can learn more about Keeping It Personal via their blog (this link will take you away from our website) which includes a film made in partnership with participants and the evaluation report.