Liber8's mission is to improve the mental health, wellbeing and the quality of people's lives.
They have a particular regard to reducing the negative impact of alcohol and substance misuse on the individual, families and communities.
Their aims are:
- Improve the health and wellbeing of individuals and families;
- Limit the harm associated by all types of missue;
- Offer earlier interventions to prevent escalating health problems
- Reduce the negative impact of alcohol and substance misuse on the individual, families and communities;
- Provide support which promotes positive change and minimises the impact of addiction;
- Focus on improving and enhancing health and wellbeing;
- Promote and encourage an ethos of safe and sensible attitudes towards alcohol/substance misuse;
- Remain responsive to and reflective of the diversity among individuals, families and communities;
- Practice a positive recovery focused ethos, challenging stereotype and reducing stigma;
- Identify and implement the most appropriate evidence based interventions;
- Provide outcome focused services reflective of the needs of individuals and families