Is there an issue or campaign that you would like to put in the spotlight?
If so, you might be interested in submitting an ‘Opinion’ blog.
The Opinion feature is a platform for ALLIANCE members to raise awareness of something that they are passionate about, and is shared widely through our website and social media channels.
Opinions are a place for inspiring, thought provoking content which highlights a personal or organisational opinion. We’ve pulled together some top tips which will help you to get the most out of your Opinion blog.
- Keep it short and snappy – aim to write 600 words at the very most.
- The best posts are concise and get to the central argument early on. Think about framing your points in short, punchy paragraphs and don’t be afraid of using bullet points.
- Think about your audience and how you would speak to them to persuade them of your view.
- Think about a title that will catch people’s eye and help bring your blog to life on social media.
- Think about your article’s main ‘call to action’ and don’t forget to include links to different websites or sources you’ve referenced.
- Walls of text can look unappealing on their own. You might like to send us a copy of your organisation’s logo together with a ‘headshot’ photo of the author that we can upload to accompany your article.
Looking for inspiration? Have a read through other Opinions to see the great contributions that ALLIANCE members have submitted so far.
If you would like to have a chat about your idea, or to submit your draft copy, please contact
Christopher Doyle, Policy and Information Officer at email@example.com.
Justine Duncan, Events and Communications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.