Glasgow Council for Voluntary Sector (GCVS) has created a brief guide to the changes in COVID-19 restrictions.
Scotland has moved to beyond Level 0 of the COVID-19 levels system. Although many legal restrictions will be lifted, and many people are now fully vaccinated, it is still possible for the virus to spread. It will continue to be important for everyone to remain cautious and follow guidance on precautionary measures.
Beyond Level 0:
- all businesses can open with protective measures
- there will no longer be a requirement to physically distance and no limits on the number of people who can meet outside or indoors
- there will no longer be any limits on the number of people who can attend weddings, funerals and civil partnerships
- large scale events can take place – for a limited time, organisers will need to apply for permission to hold outdoor events with more than 5,000 people and indoor events with more than 2,000 people
- an exemption to the self-isolation rules will be introduced for close contacts who have received two doses of the COVID-19 vaccination or are under 18 provided they meet further criteria, further information about eligibility is available (this link will take you away from our website)
- for now, guidance continues to advise home working where possible, recognising some staff will start to return to the workplace in line with staff wellbeing discussions and business need. GCVS will encourage organisations to consider for the longer term a hybrid model of home and office working – which may have benefits beyond the need to control a virus
- the GCVS HR Service can support organisations with homeworking and hybrid working policy and procedure templates
For the full guide, further advice and information see GCVS’s website (this link will take you away from our website) or contact Cam Pollock (this link will take you away from our website), Health and Safety Service Advisor, GCVS.