Self management supports people to live their lives better, on their terms.
We all have a self management story, from 27 September – 1 October, the ALLIANCE hosted Self Management Week 2021.
Self management supports and encourages people living with long term conditions to access information and to develop skills to find out what’s right for their condition and, most importantly, right for them.
Together with health professionals and others who provide support, self management can help people to make decisions that are right for their life.
Self management can mean people being:
- better informed about their condition(s)
- better prepared for everyday challenges
- better supported when they need it
The ALLIANCE works to embed this approach across Scotland through our self management work:
- The Self Management Fund for Scotland, currently funding 71 projects
- The Self Management Network Scotland, a network of over 800 organisations and individuals
- Delivering events to explore and support self management
To find out how to support your health and wellbeing through self management speak to your GP or health professional or visit A Local Information System for Scotland (ALISS) (this link will take you away from our website) to search for health and wellbeing resources in your area.