Find out how you can watch our latest ALLIANCE Live interview in conversation with Angiolina Foster, Chief Executive of NHS 24.
On 30 July 2020, ALLIANCE Director Irene Oldfather had the opportunity to interview Angiolina Foster, Chief Executive of NHS 24, Scotland’s national telehealth and telecare organisation.
NHS 24 has been at the forefront of supporting Scotland’s response to the pandemic, through the NHS Inform website, the special helpline and the 111 service. In a wide ranging interview with the ALLIANCE, Angiolina Foster offered insight into NHS 24’s approach to COVID-19 and data driven planning for potential further COVID-19 peaks in autumn and winter alongside non-COVID winter pressures. In addition to this, Angiolina shares some of her own leadership learning and offers listeners some sound insights in preparing for the unexpected.
You can watch the full interview by visiting the ALLIANCE’s YouTube channel (this link will take you away from our website).
- 0 mins 56s – Angiolina shares her personal reflections on leadership, wellness and coping with the demands of the current situation
- 4 mins 21s – Increase in demand for services and strategic planning responding in meeting needs
- 10 mins 42s – Use of data informing the NHS 24 response to COVID
- 19 mins 40s – How NHS 24 has adapted and worked across sectors to support mental health needs
- 26 mins 50s – Supporting the NHS 24 frontline’s mental health and wellbeing and wider organisational culture
- 31 mins 22s – How NHS 24 is preparing for a potential second wave and winter pressures
ALLIANCE Live highlights emerging issues, examples of good practice and innovation taking place within health and social care in Scotland.