The findings share views on a vision and strategy for mental health recovery in Scotland after a period of national engagement.
Scottish Recovery Network (this link will take you away from our website) have launched ‘Your Vision for Mental Health Recovery in Scotland’, detailing a vision and strategy for what mental health recovery in Scotland could look like and recommendations to support this.
The findings were shared after a period of national engagement and will be shared with Scottish Government. It will also support the development of Scottish Recovery Network’s own strategic plan.
The vision outlined in the findings include mental health services and systems that will:
- Take a whole person approach
- Genuinely value lived experience by integrating it into all parts of the system
- Embed peer support approaches and roles in mental health support
- Be easy to access and navigate
- Offer more community-based supports and choices
- Be designed and delivered in a way that tackles inequalities and contributes to a fair society