Find out how you can catch up with Dr Gregor Smith’s interview.
Scotland’s Chief Medical Officer has expressed encouragement at the progress that has been made in suppressing the spread of COVID-19 in Scotland, and highlighted a “guarded optimism” for the future.
In a wide ranging interview with the ALLIANCE on June 30th, Dr Gregor Smith thanked members of the public for their response to the unprecedented public health measures that had been put in place, and acknowledged the particular impact that these changes have had on those people who are shielding.
In addition to the COVID-19 specific messages, Dr Smith encouraged listeners to make sure that they take steps to look after their general physical and mental health at this time.
“We all need to take that extra bit of care and attention for ourselves just now.”
You can watch the full interview by visiting the ALLIANCE’s YouTube channel (this link will take you away from our website).
- 4 mins 19s – Dr Smith offers reassurance for people who might be anxious about using digital methods of accessing health and social care
- 8 mins 35s – A message for people who are shielding
- 11 mins 31s – Where are we in developing a successful vaccine for COVID-19?
- 13 mins 30s – Rehabilitation support for people recovering from COVID-19
- 22 mins 10s – How are Scotland’s health and care services remobilising
ALLIANCE Live highlights emerging issues, examples of good practice and innovation taking place within health and social care in Scotland.